The 244th Anniversary Boston Tea Party Reenactment
It's December 16 and tea must be spilled! Gather at Old South Meeting House, where the colonists met in 1773, with colonial agitators like John Hancock, Paul Revere -- and some crown-loving Loyalists -- to debate the tea tax and demand liberty from the British crown! Afterwards, join the procession to Griffin's Wharf accompanied by fife and drum. You will line the shores of Boston Harbor to witness the destruction of the tea as the Sons of Liberty storm the Brig Beaver, tossing the tea into the frigid water below.
6:30pm "The Body of the People" Meeting begins inside of Old South Meeting House (ticketed event) while the Town Crier brings news of the meeting to the streets in a lively performance outside of OSMH (free to the public).
7:30pm "Huzzah for Griffin's Wharf" Parade through the Financial District of Boston down to the Waterfront (free to the public).
8:00pm "Destruction of the Tea" at Atlantic Wharf and the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum (reserved seats for ticket holders plus free seating for the public).
This event is presented by Old South Meeting House and the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum.
Your tickets include:
1) General admission seating at the historic Old South Meeting House, the center of protest in colonial Boston where the colonists gathered in 1773.
2) Escorted access in the parade to the harbor.
3) Special reserved viewing on bleachers with the best sight lines to the action aboard the Brig Beaver at the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum.
Please note: Will Call tickets are available for pick-up at Old South Meeting House ONLY! ALL Tickets left at WILL-CALL must be picked up at Old South Meeting House before 6:15 pm for entry into the event. We cannot guarantee admittance for tickets picked up after 6:30 pm. Will-Call tickets are non-transferable and will only be distributed to the individual who purchased them. A member of your group will not be able to claim them for you.
The program begins at Old South Meeting House, 310 Washington Street, Boston, MA and ends at the Harborwalk behind the InterContinental Boston hotel, Congress Street Bridge, Boston, MA. Transportation is not provided between venues. This is a rain, snow or shine event. Please plan accordingly and dress warmly.
If you buy the Membership Combo, your ticket also includes Individual membership, which gets you a full year of:
- Free admission to Old South Meeting House, open daily year-round
- Free or reduced admission to concerts, lectures and special events.
- A 10% discount on all purchases in the Museum Shop - plus additional special discounts.
- Invitations to special members-only events and behind-the-scenes tours.
- A subscription to the award-winning newsletter The Dial.
- Email updates and information with additional offers, coupons, history and more.
Old South Meeting House (View)
310 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02108
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|